Thursday 3 May 2012

Gaisce hike!

I just realised I never blogged about the An Gaisce Awards! Its not compulsory in our school so in total only 30 students completed it! It was really hard but I'm so glad I did it in the end!

We completed the bronze awards and this involved taking on a physical activity, personal skill and community involvement for 13-26 weeks and an 25-35 km overnight hike. I decided to take on completely new skills/activities since I had the time to experience new things in TY! I picked up the guitar, volunteered in the local boys primary school and joined a contemporary dance company. All of these have taken up so much of my time, but it has definitely been worth it!

Last Friday as our school finished for the weekend, we all headed towards Kippure in Wexford for our 25 km hike! On the first day we hiked for 13 km and at times it was very difficult! But on the second day we also hiked for 12 km and then completed the high ropes activity which was really fun but scary!



No comments:

Post a Comment