Tuesday 13 March 2012

Best week ever! :O

I had the most amazing time EVER in The Irish Times! It was such a great week <3
On the first day I was a little  nervous but mostly excited cause I didn't know what to expect! But thank god there was a group of seven of us & they were all so nice so I knew it would be a great week! I got the bus in everyday so I was super early but I just chilled in a nearby cafe so it was all good! :) I worked from 10-5 every day. Our lunch break was from 1-2, all the TY's would go out to O'Connell street and have lunch together :)

We were in two different departments so we learned every different aspect of the newspaper

Monday: Newsroom
Tuesday: Advertising & Sport
Wednesday: The Ticket & Marketing
Thurday: Pre-Media, I.T & Irishtimes.com
Friday: The Ticket & Finance

We also were given talks from loads of different popular journalists which was so interesting & we were allowed to sit in on the midday conference with all the important editors to discuss which articles were going to be featured in the next days paper which was really cool!

My favourite part of the week so when we were in The Ticket. This was when we were given the opportunity to write a film review, we went to see Chronicle & we were given a deadline on when to e-mail it to the editor for her to read and edit it. The next morning she had them all printed out and they looked so proffesional and she gave us constructive critism about each of our articles!

To get into this work experience placement you had (as well as writing e-mails & letters) write an essay on why you wanted to go to The Irish Times. I know it was such an effort but to everyone who is reading this it completely made up for the week!

I met so many lovely people from this experience and learnt alot! Already I miss it so much :)

One of the best experience from TY so far :)

Talk Later

- Aoife xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment