Sunday 18 September 2011

That little town in Louth called eh?..... CARLINGFORD!!! :D

Wow...

What else can I say about that trip? It was honestly just amazing. But if we are really being honest here the 6 am early rise in the morning wasn't the best start and I think alot of people in my year now know my true colors that I am  NOT a morning person... :L After two hours on the bus of singing, craic and a good oul bit a banter we arrived in that little town of Carlingford. What an amazing town :) We literally just got off the bus and we were split into two groups and we were brought to our first exercise a personal favourite... THE LASER GUNS! :) It wasn't only that we were dressed in the most awsome camouflage gear but it was a clear highlight of the trip! Even including the steepest hill ever we had to climb to get to the forest we all loved it! It was blues VS reds! Out of the four games we felt bad for the blues so basically we just let them all win......!! :L :L
After lunch (chips, beans, sausages what more can I say? match made in heaven really) We were all excited to head to... the CHALLENGE COURSE! We were split into groups of eight and we had to figure out how to do different challenges working as a team! Some of them we couldn't even talk :O I KNOW?! We had to do loads of different things which included mud, darkness, ropes, sheep, planks... and more mud! You really just had to be there! We spent hours doing the challenges but honestly it felt like half an hour :) Time flies when your having fun right? :L

Next? The night line!  Yes you've probably guessed it. Complete darkness walking around a forest following a rope... BLINDFOLDED! I thought It would be pretty scary but it was actually loads of fun!

After a pretty cosy sing song by the fire ;) We all went to bed! It turns out when you wake up at 6 am and go to bed really late the next morning you turn out to be pretty wrecked! WHO KNEW??! :L Rock climbing and ab sailing was the best! Ok I was a lil nervous walking backwards off a mountain but who wouldn't be? But I was pretty proud of myself for doing it! :')

Well I wasn't the most excited about walking up and down fields and mountains which they call "Orienteering" but I have to say we still managed to have fun!
Even taking in mind that Sarah and I nearly got blown off into a ditch! NO JOKE! :O  We learned those country winds are pretty strong after all!

When we had finished orienteering, the bus had arrived to take us all home :( We all left carlingord together but we brought back all the memories with us! <3
Your now country gal ;)

- Aoife xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hey Aoife!! You are the first blog I've ever commented on!! Do you feel honoured?!! Well I just thought I'd tell you that this post, as well as all your other posts, is amazing!! Really good. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!I do feel quite honoured! Awh thanks! But no yours is pretty amazing! :)xo

    ReplyDelete